Sunday, June 1, 2008

Backstory

For the past two Saturdays I've gone shopping at the mall. The selection was pretty sad, especially in the shoe department.

I've never understood why anyone would want a Coach purse, but I understand these boots even less. To me they just seem like large, rubber mistakes.
Last Saturday after shopping Robin showed me Ox Bow park. The park gives me the feeling that I'm walking through a King's Quest game. It seemed as if it were divided up into screens that should be accompanied by descriptions like, "You have entered a sunny meadow, a rabbit watches youm," or "You have stumbled upon a picnic area, a group of Mexicans are singing in the distance." And then of course you would have to try different actions like, "Feed rabbit" or "Sing with Mexicans" until they produced something good or killed you.
Some parts of the park reminded me of the 1985 Alice in Wonderland. When I saw this lane, I felt as if I would see Alice arguing with Carol Channing over yesterday and today at any second.

Probably this lane is not so very like the movie, but it felt that way.

Mostly the park is very, very large. I can't wait to have a day when I can just go and get lost there.

Today Jon had a open house of sorts, to raise money for the VBS Sara Frantz is helping out with. I saw a lot of people that I haven't seen in quite a while, which was nice. I wish I'd been able to talk to some of them more, but I'm bad at dealing with big groups like that. It seems silly to say, because when you're talking to one person it shouldn't make a difference than there are twenty other people around doing something else...but it does.

Tommorow, back to work - my first day to start handing out assignments to my intern! Also exciting is that with our re-organization of the office everyone seems to have less space - except me. Somehow I came out of this with more. I get giddy just thinking about it!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com